This is The Lawyerette’s 1000th post! Can you believe it? Me neither. When I started this blog almost 2 years ago, I never imagined that it would transform from a fun hobby to a true passion. I’m most proud of the fact that it’s remained a place of positivity, which is somewhat of a rarity in the blogosphere. To celebrate this feat, I’m giving away goodies all week long, starting with this Coach cosmetic case:
To enter this giveaway, (1) start following The Lawyerette, (2) leave a comment on this post or (3) leave a comment on Instagram. Don’t forget to include your email address so that I can contact the winner for mailing address info. Side note, this giveaway is limited to residents of the continental U.S.
Enchilada Soup - Some people only eat hot soup in cold weather, but this recipe may make them rethink that mindset. It’s simply too good to not eat year round. First, sauté onions (1/2 cup, finely chopped) and garlic (2 cloves, minced) in butter (1 T.). Once golden brown, add to a large pot. Next, add chicken (2 cups, cooked & shredded), can of chicken broth (10.75 oz.), can of beef broth (10.75 oz.), can of cream of chicken (10.75 oz.), water (1 1/2 cups), green chilies (4 oz., chopped), chili powder (1 T.) and salt (to taste). Stir, cover and simmer for 1 hour. Then, add cheese (3 cups) and corn tortillas (8, cut in to strips). Cook uncovered for an additional 10 minutes. Muy bueno!
On today’s edition of “The Inside Scoop,” I’m giving you a peek in to my closet. Those of you who faithfully follow The Lawyerette know that we’re building a house next year. When my dream closet is finished, I promise that I’ll do follow-up segment, but for a rental property, this closet’s size is not too shabby. Here are my tips for a top-notch closet:
1. Hangers are the foundation of any closet. I invest in felt hangers, which prevent clothes from slipping off. They’re also super skinny so I can fit more clothes in to a small space. Basically, felt hangers are the bee’s knees.
2. Tissue paper is my BFF. I stuff it in to my purses and boots to help them maintain their shape in order to look fabulous for the indefinite future.
3. Get your fold on. I fold all of my sweaters to avoid those ugly shoulder lumps that result from hanging sweaters. They are a big no-no.
4. Baskets are badass. These inexpensive wicker baskets are from Target, and they keep all of my accessories - belt, hats, clutches - organized.
5. Color code your heart out. Not only does it look lovely, but it also helps you remember what you have and what you haven’t worn in a while.